Police check prices
Our best police check price. Fast and easy online application.
Launch prices. Limited time offer
Employment police check
- 100% online application
- 70% of checks are completed in real-time.
- Secure and easy
- ACIC Accredited
- For employment, licensing, rental and personal purposes
Volunteer police check
- 100% online application
- Fast and easy
- ACIC Accredited
- Only for non-paid jobs or positions within the voluntary sector
If you have any questions please contact us
Police check for businesses
Built with the latest technology. Easy to use. Full support provided.
Backy Check offers multiple solutions that help your business process police checks, background checks, reference checks, VEVO checks, online identity checks and screening services quickly and efficiently.
Just a few of our business features
Nobody likes fees, including us. Pay only for what you need, when you need it.
Real time updates
Review the status of a check in real time. Real time KPI tracking against our service standard for processing times.
Dashboards and reports
Multiple dashboards and reports including ones that show your orders in-progress, order history, applicant performance and much more.
Customer's ticketing system on portal
Easily submit support tickets directly in the portal.
Monthly online invoice
Invoices are in the portal, and can be easily accessed. A list of past, paid and open invoices can be seen in your portal's dashboard.
Automated follow ups
We know you don’t have time to wait. Get automated follow ups to applicants or referees who don’t respond.
Australia-wide police checks
A Backy Check National Police Check is trusted and valid in all Australian states and territories.
Your police check certificate - also known as a criminal history check, police clearance or criminal record check - can be used in:
Bundle your police check with other services and save.
We offer different discounts when you purchase multiple checks.
Check out a few examples below!
Discounts are automatically applied at the checkout
Monthly credit report and credit score updates.
Full Australian police check plus a global online identity check.
Check for fraud or identity theft nationally and globally.
How it works
Purchase your check
You can select a single check or multiple checks. Discounts available.
Complete your application
Access your dashboard and complete a single application online for all your checks.
Receive your checks
You will receive a notification as soon as your order is ready!
ID documents needed for a police check
ACIC requires you to provide 4 documents from the 3 categories listed below:
- ONE Commencement of ID Document
- ONE Primary Use in the Community Document
- TWO Secondary Use in the Community Documents
In all instances, the combination of identity documents must contain at minimum your full name, date of birth and a photograph.
If you have provided identity documents using a former name, such as a maiden name, you must provide evidence of the name change in addition to the four identity documents.
The nature of the documents in each of the categories is summarised below:
Commencement of ID
ONE (1) is required
- Full Australian birth certificate (not an extract or birth card)
- Current Australian passport (not expired) (P)
- Australian visa current at time of entry to Australia as a resident or tourist
- ImmiCard issued by Department of Home Affairs (previously the Department of Immigration and Border Protection) that enables the cardholder to prove their visa and/or migration status and enrol in services (P)
- Certificate of identity issued by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to refugees and non-Australian citizens for entry to Australia
- Document of identity issued by DFAT to Australian citizens or persons who have the nationality of a Commonwealth country for travel purposes (P)
- Certificate of evidence of resident status.
Primary Use in Community Document
ONE (1) is required
- Current Australian driver’s licence, learner permit or provisional licence issued by a state or territory, showing a signature and/or photo and the same name as claimed (P)
- Australian marriage certificate issued by a state or territory (church or celebrant-issued certificates are not accepted)
- Current passport issued by a country other than Australia with a valid entry stamp or visa (P)
- Current proof of age or photo identity card issued by an Australian Government agency in the name of the applicant, with a signature and photo
- Current shooters or firearms licence showing a signature and photo (not minor or junior permit or licence) (P)
- For persons under 18 years of age with no other Primary Use in Community Documents, a current student identification card with a signature or photo (P)
Secondary Use in Community Document
TWO (2) are required
- Certificate of identity issued by DFAT
- Document of identity issued by DFAT (P)
- Convention travel document secondary (United Nations) issued by DFAT (P)
- Foreign government issued documents - for example, driver’s licence (P)
- Medicare card
- Enrolment with the Australian Electoral Commission
- Security guard or crowd control photo licence (P)
- Evidence of right to an Australian government benefit - Centrelink or Veterans’ Affairs (P)
- Consular photo identity card issued by DFAT (P)
- Photo identity card issued to an officer by a police force (P)
- Photo identity card issued by the Australian Defence Force (P)
- Photo identity card issued by the Australian Government or a state or territory government (P)
- Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) (P)
- Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC) (P)
- Credit reference check
- Australian tertiary student photo identity document (P)
- Certified academic transcript from an Australian university
- Trusted referees report
- Bank card
- Credit card
Police Check special deals
Backy Check offers a special price for volunteers in Australia. A Backy Check National Police Check is trusted and valid in all Australian states and territories. We value our volunteers who help our community [...]
AMICI Tech is an ACIC accredited criminal history provider. Backy Check is the commercial arm of AMICI Tech and it promotes background check services. AMICI Tech is accredited under Contract to access the National Police Checking Service (NPCS) through the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission. Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission is a registered trade mark of the Commonwealth of Australia. Find out more at acic.gov.au .
100% Australia owned and run.
All our people, resources, servers, every bit of data are in Australia